In business activities, in order to reflect mutual respect, it is necessary to adopt some code of conduct to restrain people in all aspects of business activities, including appearance etiquette, speech and manners, letter exchange, telephone communication, and other skills. From the occasion of business activities, it can be divided into Office etiquette, banquet etiquette, welcome etiquette, etc.
The role of business etiquette: internally strong quality, external strong image.
The specific expression is three aspects:
1. Improve personal quality
The personal quality of business personnel is a kind of personal cultivation and performance. Such as not smoking in front of outsiders, not making noise in front of the public.
Example: 4 principles of wearing jewelry:
Prerequisite: Meet the identity
(1) Less is better, and it is recommended not to wear them, generally no more than three, no more than two of each type;
(2) Good at matching, such as wearing sleeveless cheongsam and high-tube tulle gloves to attend high-end dinners, rings should be worn in gloves (except for the bride); girls wear short skirts to parties, and anklets are worn outside the socks (leg type is recommended Only girls with good or good walking posture wear anklets);
(3) Same quality and same color;
(4) Customs and principles, such as wearing a jade pendant, male wearing Guanyin and female wearing Buddha; wearing a ring on the left hand; wearing a ring on the index finger to indicate that you want to get married, wearing a middle finger to indicate that you have a lover, wearing a ring finger to indicate that you are married, wearing a pinky to indicate celibacy and not your thumb Ring.
2. Help establish good interpersonal communication
Example: The secretary answers the phone call to find the boss, and first informs the other party that the person he is looking for is not there, and then asks the other party who is and what’s the matter.
Example: To visit others, make an appointment, and abide by the time. Arriving early may affect other people’s arrangements or ongoing matters.
3. Maintain the personal and corporate image
The most basic is the role of business etiquette “mitigation effect”: little fool of myself, less shameful, less damage to relationships, I do not know what experience, the safest way is to keep up with or imitate, inaction.
For example, the hostess is the first order in a western banquet, and the hostess can only take a seat when the other people are seated. The hostess picks up the napkin to indicate the start of the banquet. The hostess picks up the knife and fork and other people can eat. The hostess puts the napkin on the table. Indicates the end of the banquet.
Knowledge sharing of business etiquette: etiquette is the art of interpersonal communication. Education reflects details and details show quality. I hope the following knowledge of social etiquette can help you improve your self-cultivation.
Handshake is a kind of etiquette, but interactions between people, groups, and countries all give this action rich connotations. Generally speaking, a handshake is often a kind of friendship, it is a kind of communication, it can communicate the emotions of the original separation, can deepen the understanding and trust of both sides, can show respect, admiration, congratulations, encouragement of one side, and can also convey some people’s indifference. Perfunctory, greedy, false, arrogant. The handshake between group leaders and heads of state often symbolizes cooperation, reconciliation, and peace. The number of handshakes may not be counted, but only a few of them may be impressive: the excitement of the first meeting, the reluctance of parting, the joy of reunion after a long absence, the elimination of misunderstandings, the relief of grievances, and so on.
Grasp one or a few points in the handshake matter, you can tell about your own experience, you can make comments about reality, you can make associations, express your feelings, you can start from the imaginary, talk about your feelings, and the way of expression can be based on the needs of the situation. Handshake first occurred in the era of human “slash and burn”. At that time, in hunting and warfare, people often held weapons such as stones or clubs in their hands. When they meet a stranger, if everyone is innocent, they should put down the things in their hands and extend their palms to let the other person touch the palms of their hands, indicating that there is no hidden weapon in their hands. This habit gradually evolved into today’s “handshake” etiquette.
Handshake is a kind of etiquette to express friendship and tribute to each other when meeting, parting, congratulating, or thanking each other. The two sides often greet each other first and shake hands afterward.
1. The order of handshake
The host, elders, superiors, and ladies take the initiative to extend their hands, and the guests, juniors, subordinates, and men greet and shake hands.
2. The method of shaking hands
- Be sure to shake hands with your right hand.
- Hold the hands of both parties tightly. The time is generally 1~3 seconds. Of course, it is impolite to shake hands too tightly or to touch the opponent’s hand carelessly with only the fingers.
- After being introduced, it is best not to take the initiative to reach out immediately. When young people or people with low positions are introduced to older people or people with high positions, they should act according to the reaction of the elderly and those with high positions. The lower should also nod their heads. When shaking hands with young women or foreign women, men generally don’t stretch out their hands first. Men should take off their hats when shaking hands and never wear gloves to shake hands.
- When shaking hands, both eyes should look at each other, smile, and greet or say hello. When multiple people are shaking hands at the same time, they should be in order and avoid cross handshakes.
- In any case, it is rude to refuse the other party’s initiative to ask for a handshake, but when there is water or dirty hands, the handshake should be declined, and an explanation and an apology must be given at the same time.
- When shaking hands, first pay attention to the order of reaching out. When shaking hands with a woman, the man must wait for the woman to reach out and then hold it. If the woman does not reach out or does not intend to shake hands, the man can nod and bow in greeting instead of taking the initiative to hold the woman’s hand; when shaking hands with the elder’s Young people generally have to wait for the elderly to reach out before shaking hands; when shaking hands with their superiors, the subordinates have to wait for the superiors to extend their hands before shaking hands. In addition, when receiving visitors, the host has the obligation to extend his hand to the guests to show welcome; when seeing off the guests, the host should also take the initiative to shake hands to show welcome again.
- Always use your right hand when shaking hands. This is a customary courtesy. In some Southeast Asian countries, such as India and Indonesia, people do not use their left hand to contact others because they think that their left hand is used for bathing and going to the bathroom. If it is a two-handed handshake, wait for both sides to hold their right hands before placing the left hand on the other’s right hand. This is also a common handshake etiquette to show more cordiality and respect for each other.
1. The principle of makeup
(1) Develop strengths and avoid weaknesses
Highlight the beauty of your face and conceal the lack of face to achieve the best makeup effect.
(2) Suitable for light makeup
Generally speaking, makeup includes morning makeup, evening makeup, work makeup, social makeup, dance party makeup, and other forms, and their intensity varies. Therefore, the shade of makeup should be chosen according to different times and occasions. For example, the work makeup should be simple, clear, and elegant, while the dance party makeup can be rich and colorful.
(3) Make-up to avoid others
Make-up or touch-ups should follow the principle of grooming and avoiding people. Choose places where there are no people, such as dressing rooms, toilets, etc., and avoid unscrupulous makeup or touch-ups in front of others. Under normal circumstances, women should touch up their makeup in time after eating, drinking, sweating, etc.
2. Makeup taboo
(1) The intensity of makeup depends on the time and occasion;
(2) Do not makeup in public places;
(3) Do not makeup in front of men;
(4) Don’t criticize others’ makeup;
(5) Don’t borrow other people’s cosmetics;
(6) Gentlemen should not make excessive makeup.
3. Clothing and etiquette
(1) Pay attention to the characteristics of the times and reflect the spirit of the times;
(2) Pay attention to personal characteristics;
(3) Should conform to one’s own body shape.
4. Taboos for white-collar ladies
(1) The hairstyle is too trendy and taboo;
(2) Hair is taboo like messy grass;
(3) Makeup is too exaggerated and taboo;
(4) Blue face and white lips are taboo;
(5) Clothing is too trendy and taboo;
(6) Dressing up too sexy is taboo;
(7) It is taboo to play “Black Woman” every day;
(8) Pedal “Muffet Shoes”.
(1) To create a good image of communication must be polite manners, for which we must pay attention to your behavior. Etiquette is a manifestation of self-heartedness, and a person’s external behavior can directly express his attitude. Be polite, generous, observe the general etiquette of advance and retreat, and try to avoid all kinds of impolite and uncivilized habits.
(2) To visit the customer’s office or home, ring the doorbell or knock gently before entering the door, and then stand at the door and wait. Don’t ring the doorbell or knock on the door for too long. Don’t enter the room without the permission of the owner.
(3) Behavior in front of customers
☆ When you see a customer, you should nod and smile. If you don’t make an appointment in advance, you should apologize to the customer first, and then explain your intention. At the same time, take the initiative to express greetings or nod to everyone present.
☆ In the customer’s home, you can’t visit the house without an invitation. Even if you are familiar, don’t touch or play with the things on the customer’s desk, let alone play with the customer’s business card, and don’t touch the books, flowers, and other furnishings in the room.
☆ It is not advisable to sit down before the other person (owner) sits down, sit upright, lean forward slightly, and don’t cross the “erlang’s legs”.
☆ Use a positive attitude and a gentle tone to talk to the customer. When the customer talks, listen carefully and answer “yes” first. Look at the other person and pay attention to the other person’s expression.
☆ When standing, keep your upper body stable, place your hands on both sides, don’t back your back, don’t hold your hands in front of your chest, and don’t tilt your body on one side. When the host gets up or leaves the table, he should stand up and signal at the same time. When meeting with the customer for the first time or leaving, he should not be humble, not humble, not hurried, and behave appropriately, with courtesy and courtesy.
☆ To develop good habits and overcome all kinds of indecent behavior. Don’t blow your nose, pick your ears, pick your teeth, manicure, yawn, cough, or sneeze in front of your customers. You can’t help it. Cover your mouth and nose with your handkerchief and face it to the side. Try not to make any noise. Litter the peel, confetti, etc. Although these are some details, they combine to form the customer’s overall impression of you.
One thing that needs to be explained is: putting on makeup in public may make some people feel uncomfortable. On this point, the practice has been relaxed. After the women eat in the restaurant, people will see the refill lipstick and lightly refill the powder, and no one will make a fuss anymore. However, it can only be that, not too much. When you need to comb your hair, sharpen your nails, apply lipstick and make-up, or apply lipstick with a brush, please go to the powder room or washroom.
Similarly, the behaviors of tidying up hair, clothes and looking in the mirror in front of people should be as restrained as possible.
1. Communicative language
When meeting for the first time, it should be said: happy meeting
To visit others should say: visit
Waiting for others to say: Waiting
Please don’t send apps: stay
The letter from the other party should say: Hui Shu
Trouble others should say: Excuse me
Ask someone to help should say: Excuse me
Ask for convenience should say: borrow light
The trustee should say: Please
Ask someone for advice should say: Ask
Other people’s advice should be called: enlighten
Ask someone to answer the application: please
Praise insights application: high opinion
The return of the original should say: return
Ask for forgiveness and say: forgive me
Welcome customers to call: patronize
Old age response: Gaoshou
Long time no see should say: Long time no
Guests come to the app: visit
To go first halfway should say: Disaccompany
Say goodbye to others: goodbye
Gift application: Ya gift
2. Annoying behavior
① Often complain to others, including personal finances, health, and work conditions, but do not care about other people’s problems, and are never interested;
② Nagging, talking only about trivial things, or constantly repeating some superficial topics and pointless opinions;
③ Too serious and unsmiling;
④ Monotonous speech, uncompromising emotions, sluggish emotions;
⑤ Lack of commitment, quietly independent;
⑥ Allergic reactions, exaggerated and vulgar tone;
⑧ Excessive enthusiasm for getting the favor of others.
3. Mistakes that damage personal charm
◎ I don’t pay attention to my own tone of voice, often speaking in an unpleasant and opposite tone
◎ I prefer to talk when I should be silent
◎ Interrupt others
◎ Abuse of personal pronouns, so that there is the word “I” in every sentence
◎ Asking questions with an arrogant attitude gives people the impression that only him is the most important
◎ Insert some topics in the conversation that are intimate with you but make others feel embarrassed
◎ Laughing at the dress code in society
◎ Call at inappropriate times
◎ Talking on the phone some boring things that others don’t want to hear
◎ Write an overly intimate letter to an unfamiliar person
◎ Regardless of whether you know it or not, but express your opinion on anything
◎ Openly questioning the reliability of others’ opinions
◎ Reject the request of others with an arrogant attitude
◎ Say something despising in front of other people’s friends
◎ Blaming someone who disagrees with him
◎ Comment on the inability of others
◎ Correct the mistakes of subordinates and colleagues in front of others
◎ Asking for help and complaining after being rejected
◎ Use friendship to ask for help
◎ Improper or offensive wording
◎ expressed dislike on the spot
◎ Always thinking about misfortune or pain
◎ Complain about politics or religion
◎ Acts that are too intimate
4. Ten“Don’t” Tips of Social
◎ Do not visit someone who is busy with your business. Even if you have to go, you should leave as soon as possible after you are done. Do not miss an appointment or be an uninvited guest.
◎ Don’t give gifts to people for doing business. Gifts should be in direct proportion to caring for relatives, but in any case, gifts should be economical and must not be given to others such as “waiting” or “handling”.
◎ Don’t deliberately attract attention, do not win over the host, and don’t cringe and feel inferior.
◎ Don’t be overly curious about other people’s affairs, inquire again and again, and go to the bottom; don’t offend other people’s taboos.
◎ Don’t fiddle with right and wrong, spread rumors.
◎ Don’t ask others to conform to your own temper. You must know that your temper is not suitable for everyone. You should learn to be tolerant of others.
◎ Don’t dress up or down, dirty, or smell bad. On the contrary, clothing that is too gorgeous and frivolous can also annoy others.
◎ Don’t cough, hiccup, spit, etc. unabashedly, and don’t modify your appearance in public.
◎ Don’t grow up and down disorderly, and be courteous.
◎ Don’t leave without saying goodbye. When you leave, you should say goodbye to the host and express your gratitude.
The conversation is the central activity of business negotiation activities. In a consummate conversation activity, observing conversation etiquette plays a very important role.
1. Respect each other and understand that in conversation activities, only by respecting and understanding each other can you gain emotional closeness and gain the respect and trust of the other party. Therefore, before talking, negotiators should investigate and study the psychological state of the other party, consider and choose methods and attitudes that are easy for the other party to accept; understand the various influences that the other party’s speech habits, education level, life experience, and other factors may have on the negotiation. Be prepared with many hands, and be targeted. When talking, you should be aware that speaking and listening are mutual and equal, and both parties must control their own time when speaking, and there can be no one party dominating the situation.
2, timely sure the other party in the negotiation process, when the arguments on both sides are basically the same or a similar situation, negotiators should quickly seize the opportunity, with the flattering words, these certainly pertinent in common. The language of approval and affirmation often produces unusually positive effects in conversation. When one side of the conversation confirms the other side’s point of view in a timely and appropriate manner, the whole conversation atmosphere will become active and harmonious. The strangers will begin to have a sense of agreement from the many differences, and then they will be very close to the psychological distance. When the other party agrees with or affirms our opinions and viewpoints, we should provide feedback and communication with actions and words. This kind of two-way communication makes it easy for the negotiators of the two parties to get in touch with each other, thus laying a good foundation for reaching an agreement.
3. Attitude is kind, natural, and self-confident when talking with proper language. The attitude must be kind and the language must be appropriate. Don’t make too many gestures, the conversation distance should be appropriate, and the content should not involve unpleasant things.
4. Pay attention to the speed, intonation, and volume of speech. The speed, intonation, and volume of speech in conversation have a relatively large impact on the expression of meaning. The presentation of opinions in the conversation should be as smooth as possible. In certain situations, you can change the speed of speech to attract the other’s attention and enhance the effect of expression. The general problem should be explained in a normal tone, and the volume should be kept at a moderate level so that the other party can hear clearly without causing disgust.
In business interactions, the etiquette when meeting is to be exquisite. The first-round effect as mentioned earlier. The first impression is very important. When talking about daily life, a young lady shook hands with a gentleman. Some girls think they are very Ladies are very polite, but on the contrary, they are not polite, have never seen the world, and are not generous enough. (The performance of a handshake). It takes 2 kilograms to shake hands.
There are three issues to pay attention to when greeting:
1. The greetings must be in order. Generally speaking, the low-ranking professionals go first, the subordinates first greet the superior, the host greets the guests first, and the men greet the ladies first. This is a social morality.
2. Varies depending on the occasion. In foreign countries, women can shake hands with men. Women do not need to stand up. This is in China and is equal to men and women in the workplace. On social occasions, women are given priority and respect for women.
3. The content is different. Chinese and foreigners, strangers and acquaintances, locals and out-of-towners are very different. Here are two main points. One is which titles are most commonly applicable：
(1) Administrative titles;
(2) Technical titles;
(3) Industry titles;
(4) Fashion titles; Mr., Miss, Ms., etc.; When dealing with foreign businessmen, it is more accustomed to calling Mr. and Ms. Use abbreviations with caution.
First, try to hand in your business card and then introduce yourself. The introduction should be simple and clear, usually within 1 minute, the content is standardized, and what should be said according to the needs of the occasion.
First, who is the introducer, different introducers, the treatment to the guests is not the same, our professional method is three kinds of people: 1. Full-time receptionist, secretary, office director, receptionist, 2. Both parties Acquaintances, 3. The introduction of VIPs should be introduced by the person with the highest position on the host’s side. The second is the order of introduction. “The venerable is the last”, the male first is the female, the lighter is old, the main is the guest first, and the next is the first. Start the introduction.
There are two points to pay attention to one is to seize the opportunity, hope, think, idle, etc. There is a zero-interference principle in sales etiquette, that is, when you are at work, when you introduce products to customers, you must be when customers want to know or I’ll introduce it when I’m interested. You can’t force the service to ruin the other person’s mood. The second is to master the scale, understand what should be said and what should not be said. Generally speaking, three points should be grasped in the business introduction: the first person does not have me, the product technology of the same product is not available to others, and the second person has my advantage. , I have the guarantee of quality and credibility. The third person is the best.
The question of saluting:
The salute must be in line with national conditions and social norms. We are still more accustomed to shaking hands. When shaking hands, the first thing to talk about is the order in which you stretch your hands. “Venerable in front” Venerable takes the first shot, and the host shakes hands with the guest. Before the guest arrives, the host takes the first shot, and when the guest leaves, the guest takes the first shot. Taboos for reaching out: Generally, you can’t use your left hand, you can’t wear sunglasses, you shouldn’t wear a hat, you don’t usually wear gloves, and you can’t hold hands when shaking hands with the opposite sex. When meeting a foreigner, I can treat him as I do.